Q and A with Jody Johnson of Savannah Bleu
Where did the name Savannah Bleu come from? Is she a person?
I wish I had a great story about how I came up with the name but I honestly was just playing with putting different names together and it stuck. I liked the French spelling of the 'Bleu' but it can be hard to get people to spell it correctly.
What is your background?
I have a degree in Apparel Merchandising and Textiles from WSU. I have worked for over 25 years in the apparel industry in one capacity or another. I have designed and constructed every thing from bags to wedding dresses to costumes. I have worked in buying offices and in retail management. Out of everything I have done I love styling outfits and buying the most. A clothing line or a boutique may be in my future.
What inspired you to start a blog? How is your blog different from all the other lifestyle blogs out there?
Every blog is as different as the person that writes it. For me this blog aims to be a platform for my writing which has always been a secret love of mine. When I am traveling or making new discoveries there is always a narrative running in the back of my mind. This allows me to share that.I hope to also inspire my readers and show them they can start anything, anytime in their life no matter their age or how many others are already doing it.
Let's play Vogue's 73 Questions! (look this up on Youtube to see celebrities answers!)
1. What’s your favorite movie? Something's Gotta Give
2. Favorite movie in the past five years? 12 Years a Slave
3. Favorite Hitchcock film? Rebecca
4. A book you plan on reading? The Handmaid's Tale
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you? Little House series
6. Favorite TV show that’s currently on? The Good Doctor
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now? 9
8. iPhone or Android? iPhone
9. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
10. Poet? Rilke
11. What’s your favorite food? oysters
12. Least favorite food? Lima Beans
13. What do you love on your pizza? Peppers, sausage, mushrooms
14. Favorite drink? margarita
15. Favorite dessert? chocolate lava cake
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Dark
17. Coffee or tea? Coffee
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mum? I wouldn't know, probably seeing your child's heart get hurt.
19. What’s your favorite band? The Eagles
20. Favorite solo artist? Tough one. . .Sting
21. Favorite song? Boys of Summer by Don Henley
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? no one would sing with me ha!
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? acoustic guitar
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? shoulder
25. To be or not to be? To be
26. Lyrics? 'Can I sail through the changing ocean tides? Can I handle the seasons of my life?'
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Whale
28. Best gift you’ve ever received? someone's time
29. Best gift you’ve ever given? my heart
30. Last gift you gave a friend? Necklace for her 50th.
31. What’s your favorite board game? Scrabble
32. What’s your favorite country to visit? Italy
33. What’s the last country you visited? Mexico
34. What country do you wish to visit? Ireland
35. What’s your favorite color? just one? Teal, for today.
36. Least favorite color? so hard. . . .muddy mustardy brown
37. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
38. Heels or flats? heels but they hurt
39. Pilates or yoga? yoga
40. Jogging or swimming? no thank you
41. Best way to de-stress? hot bath and a glass of wine
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be? time travel
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? blubber
44. What’s your favorite flower? peony and lily (yes I know that is two)
45. When was the last time you cried? yesterday
46. Do you like your handwriting? yes
47. Do you bake? yes
48. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I procrastinate
49. What is your most favorite thing about yourself? Sense of humor
50. Who do you miss most? parents
51. What are you listening to right now? my dog snore
52. Favorite smell? forest after the rain
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Tammy
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to? Sam
55. A sport you wish you could play? ballet (is that a sport?)
56. Hair color? blonde
57. Eye color? blue/green
58. Scary film or happy endings? depends on my mood
59. Favorite season? Autumn, always
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with? Diane Keaton, Catherine the Great, Leonardo da Vinci.
61. Hugs or kisses? depends on who they are coming from ; )
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? Stones
63. Where were you born? Vancouver, WA
64. What is the farthest you have been from home? Western Europe
65. Sweet or savory? Savory
66. Lipstick or lip gloss? Gloss
67. What book have you read again and again? The Bell Jar
68. Favorite bedtime story? Goodnight Moon
69. What would be the title of your autobiography? Normal is Relative
70. Favorite sound? rain on the roof
71. Favorite animal? owl
72. Who is your girl crush? Sarah Jessica Parker
73. Last photograph you took? Gemma and I